A great way to improve the freshness of a linen closet or dresser drawers is to make these little all natural air fresheners.
These DIY closet and dresser air fresheners are super easy, incredibly inexpensive, and highly effective.
- Small jars (re-purposed or recycled glass jars are great for this)
- Baking Soda
- Essential oil(s) of your choice (we use lavender)
1. Fill a small jar 1/4 full with baking soda
2. Add 8-10 drops of an essential oil of your choice.
3. Cover the top of the jar with foil and poke a few holes into the foil with a fork.
Place the jars in closets, dresser drawers, bathrooms, or wherever you want to absorb odors and freshen the air.
You should notice an almost immediate difference.
Every few weeks shake the jars to reactivate the air fresheners, and they should last a long time.
Once shaking the jars no longer rejuvenates the air fresheners, replace the contents with new baking soda and essential oil.
Tip: If you do not want to use foil, use decorative cloth punched with holes and tied with a string, ribbon, or wire. Another option is to use the lid that came with the jar, with holes punched into it.
Check out these products as well!